RATED “SUPERB” BY AVVO Lawyer Lori Goldstein |
Named by Super Lawyers Illinois 2017 in 100 Best Attorneys and 50 Best Female Attorneys Lori has been an employment lawyer since 1984. She represents employers and employees on a wide range of workplace issues, including discrimination and sexual harassment, management training, employment practice audits, wage-hour issues, worker classification, reductions-in-force, hiring and firing, and severance and employment agreements. Lori regularly presents and writes on employment topics, and handles claims before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, and other administrative agencies. Lori believes in providing personal service to clients efficiently and economically, working to resolve legal workplace issues so that clients can focus on their work.
News and Updates
Thank you to Scott Becker and Becker Group Women’s Leadership for this podcast opportunity to discuss my business:
Client Bulletin Spring 2019: Equal Pay – How Do We Fare Today?
Two important events occurred this month – Equal Pay Day (April 2) and Tax Day (April 15.) While the latter may be in your rear view mirror, Equal Pay Day and expanding equal pay law obligations for employers require a continued focus on earning levels, benefits and comparisons.
Client Bulletin Fall 2018; News from the political front, harassment protocol for colleges, and age discrimination 50 years later
Check out the impact of the recent elections and administration proposals on employers. Read about Cook County voters’ overwhelming referendum support for paid sick leave and increased minimum wage. Updates on age discrimination, workplace bullying and more. http://lawofficeoflag.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/clientbulletinfall2018.pdf
VoyageChicago Magazine Features Lori Goldstein – August 2018
Featured in VoyageChicago Magazine’s Inspiring Stories 8/14/18: http://voyagechicago.com/interview/meet-lori-goldstein-law-office-lori-goldstein-north-suburbs/
Interviewed/quoted by Super Lawyers in Overtime Articles – Summer 2018
Overtime Rules in Illinois and Caregiver Overtime in Illinois – Grateful to Super Lawyers for interviewing me and featuring two articles this summer on important topics for employers, caregiver agencies and private family/individual caregiver employers. https://www.superlawyers.com/illinois/article/who-isnt-entitled-to-overtime-pay/4f1b8151-f4fa-4023-a509-0c09cb15b05d.html https://www.superlawyers.com/illinois/article/do-i-need-to-pay-my-caregiver-overtime/50b6d9a2-11e0-4200-a2bd-087c7336e381.html
Supreme Court: Changes and Impact on Businesses Client Bulletin Summer 2018
Lessons from Harvey Weinstein and other Gender Issues at Work Client Bulletin Fall 2017
New Paid Sick Leave Requirements and Minimum Wage Increases in Chicago and Cook County Effective July 1, 2017 Special Client Bulletin May 2017
* SEE NEWS AND UPDATES PAGE FOR MORE NEWS
– “Lori advised me in my role as President and CEO of a large healthcare marketing communications network based in Chicago with offices in NYC and San Francisco plus 45 other offices in 35 countries. During that time we experienced rapid and significant growth with some brief, but painful periods of decline. Attracting, developing, rewarding and retaining top talent was a company priority and Lori worked closely with me and my executive leadership team to properly scale the organization in compliance with current labor laws. She became a trusted adviser to my team as we looked to advance our organization in a highly competitive marketplace for strategic, creative and operational talent. She protected us when we needed it and stimulated new, innovative thinking when we sought competitive advantage. I never contemplated significant organizational change efforts without seeking Lori’s counsel and expertise. She never once let me down. In fact, I would say that Lori was a significant contributor to our success during her association with our company.” Scott Cotherman, Board Director & Strategic Advisor—Healthcare Marketing, Turnaround & Growth Strategy, Global Expansion, Innovation, 8/27/18
– “Lori is my trusted “go-to” person for employment law referrals. Whether you have employee or employer issues, Lori is the attorney you need. I can attest to her integrity, honesty and reliability. She has earned her fine reputation in her niche practice of employment law.” Karen Sabin Gitles, Personal Finance and Daily Money Manager, Senior Finance Manager, and Certified Senior Advisor, 9/1/17
– “Having an instructor with a strong background in employment law helped me to understand the significance of each decision we make as HR professionals, and truly helped me to understand our role as risk minimizers.” Attendee, HR Training Center, Certificate Program for HR Generalists, 1/13/17
– “Describing Lori as an extraordinary person barely scratches the surface of her character and her talent as an attorney. Her dedication, kindness, knowledge of the law, professionalism, determination, organization and follow through wildly exceeded my expectations. She is truly an expert in her field who made an extremely difficult situation much easier for me to navigate.” April W., 9/8/16
– “Lori handled my separation matter timely and professionally. She was quick, precise, and had my best interest in mind every step of the way.” Individual client, 3/20/16
– “Lori Goldstein is a trusted legal partner in our company’s employment matters. I have worked with Lori for over 14 years and have found her to be highly competent, thorough, professional and flexible. Lori listens to facts around issues without drawing immediate conclusions, only then providing thoughtful counsel. I consider her part of the company’s team, being cognizant of the ongoing well being of the company and its employees.” Corporate client, 8/25/14